Registered Nurse - Night Shift
Salary: Â£26,500 to Â£26,500
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible night shift rotation involving 3 nights per week with one week per month with 4 nights. The usual shift is 7pm - 7.30am.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Post Registration Courses.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication with Consultants and knowledge of their own preferences.
- Hospital experience in surgical unit preferable.
- Experience is required of working with varied personalities and to be able to adapt to cope with often difficult situations you may encounter.
- Good organisational and communications skills are important to a smooth running busy Ward.
- Good administration skills and being able to cope well under the pressure of a busy medical environment.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide individualised patient care, working as part of the nursing team.
- To promote and safe guard the wellbeing of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To participate in achieving the standards of patient care and customer service detailed in TENS.
- Acute Care Hospital accepting planned surgical and medical admissions.
- Consultants, patients and relations need to be dealt with professionally and effectively.
- To identify, plan, implement and evaluate care/services available to our patients within the ward setting through effective systems of documentation and communication.
- Operate within the scope of certified/competencies.
- Multi-disciplinary liaison.
- Research based practice.
- Staff Nurse to be aware of the departmental budget and assist in making the department cost effective.