Theatre Practitioner - Multi Disciplined
Salary: Â£27,901 to Â£27,901
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic.
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate postoperative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.