Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Salary: Â£32,000 to Â£37,000
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Orthopaedic and general scrub skills
- Mentorship in Practice or equivalent
- Experience in a senior theatre
- Experience in orthopaedic, and general surgery at a senior level
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills.
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for co-ordinating and leading a team of staff for Theatres
- Check Operating lists and booking forms in advance to organise any special equipment required. Liaise with Consultants and companies to ensure correct instruments and implants and equipment is ordered and received
- Appropriately allocate staff to meet the activity. This will involve looking at the off duty, working closely with staff and making changes when and where possible.
- To book and utilise bank and agency staff ensuring minimum use of temporary staffing.
- Plan and organise operating lists with Consultants and secretaries
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties with theatres
- To work within the role of Advanced Scrub Practitioner with extended skills
- To participate in the theatre ‘on call rota as required
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of junior staff.