Senior Theatre Practitioner
Salary: Â£42,000 to Â£42,000
This post is for 37.5 hours per week working a mixture of early and late shifts as required by the department
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for co-ordinating and leading a team of staff for Theatres
- Check Operating lists and booking forms in advance to organise any special equipment required. Liaise with Consultants and companies to ensure correct instruments and implants and equipment is ordered and received
- Appropriately allocate staff to meet the activity. This will involve looking at the off duty, working closely with staff and making changes when and where possible.
- To book and utilise bank and agency staff ensuring minimum use of temporary staffing.
- Plan and organise operating lists with Consultants and secretaries
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties with theatres
- To work within the role of Advanced Scrub Practitioner with extended skills
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Mentorship in Practice or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the Operating Theatre
- Staff management
- Experience in undertaking appraisals
- Current and up to date specific to specialty.
- Clinical Governance
- Patient safety
- Clinical Audit