Senior Theatre Practitioner
Salary: Â£38,000 to Â£38,000
This post is for 37.5 hours per week early; late; long day; 1 weekend in 4
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Good scrub experience across surgical specialities at band 5 or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Current and up to date specific to specialty.
- Clinical Governance
- Patient Safety and the role of the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA)
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
Flexibility. Live within distance of being able to respond to being on call.
Duties of this role include:
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To participate in scrub duties as required
- To take part in the ‘on call’ rota as required
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To provide advice and make decisions within the scope of own expertise
- To support and mentor students and junior staff and undertake training and updates as required
- To assist senior staff in the running and management of the department and take charge in the absence of senior staff
- To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
- To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner