Trainee/Experienced Fibre Engineer
Salary: Â£30,000 to Â£35,000
Capital Outsourcing Group's client is a principal contractor supporting and providing engineering resources to Openreach for over 24 years. They have been awarded several new Openreach contracts for which we are currently looking for the very best talent.
We are currently recruiting for Trainee and Experienced Fibre Engineers.
The telecommunications Industry offers the potential of a long term career and this role will offer the entry level experience into this ever evolving industry.
OTE £45 per completed installation
Installation engineers attend pre-agreed customer appointments, installing and upgrading telecoms equipment, such as telephone and broadband into customers’ homes. The job will involve internal wiring, jumpering, dealing with the general public and climbing of up to 11m telegraph poles when required.
You will also be working on the BT Openreach network providing Fibre connectivity to Customer premises, working at heights and in the underground network, splicing fibre and testing at multiple points throughout the installation
You will receive paid first class accredited industry training on our clients two week residential course, which are held at regular intervals.
The training will include Full health and safety training, Driver and road safety, Driving assessment, Classroom work to support underpinning knowledge, Working with colour coded cables, Working in a main junction box (PCP), Installation of main phone and extension sockets, Climbing variety of poles and ladders, Customer care, Accreditation exams. In addition, you will receive Street-works training too.
Once you have successfully completed your training you will receive a fully kitted vehicle, fuel card and all the safety equipment and tools to carry out your job.
Applicants with the following skills would be of a benefit:
· ·Previous Telecoms experience
· ·Experience within a hands on trade
· ·Excellent customer service skills, as you will be visiting private households.
· ·Be motivated and be able to work independently as well be a team player.
· ·Be comfortable and willing to work at heights when required.
You will need to have:
· ·Must hold a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 points on your licence.
· ·The right to work in the UK
· ·A willingness to learn and a positive attitude
What’s on offer for successful candidates?
· Competitive earning potential - £30000-£35000 OTE
· Fully paid training
· Full tooling, PPE and uniform
· Fully expensed and maintained company vehicle
· Personal accident insurance
· Excellent career progression opportunities
If you believe that you are the right fit, have the skills and expertise to add to the existing team and are looking to join a Company where progression is a core value, please contact the Capital Outsourcing Group on 0121 796 4246 to fast track your application - Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm