Salary: Â£7 to Â£8
As a Warehouse Operative, you will have the ability to work alone or as part of a team within a warehouse environment. Previous experience in a warehouse would be welcomed, but is not necessary as all candidates are given fantastic training on all equipment and the role and ongoing mentoring and coaching. Although full training will be given applicants should be confident, self-motivated, hardworking, enthusiastic, reliable and able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Available shifts: 4pm - 12am or 6pm - 2am working in the produce
• We also offer other flexible shifts - please contact us for further information on 0121 796 4246
• £8 p/h, (however reduces to £7.20 if targets are not met)
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a physically demanding multi-temperature Fast Moving Commercial Goods environment, however full training will also be provided for those with no experience. You will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be flexible in your approach to work. Safety will be your number one priority and you will contribute in a positive way to the overall performance of the business.
You will be reporting to the Warehouse Team Manager regularly, carrying out any duties assigned enabling smooth and efficient movement of stock from goods in to goods out. Ensure products sent to stores are presented correctly and safely, you will also have daily and weekly targets that you will be expected to achieve.
The Site and Working environment:
• The site operates 24/7 days a week and you will be required to work any 5 days out of 7, therefore you must be able to work weekends and flexibility around start/finish times is required at times.
• Overtime is regularly available.
• Sherburn in Elmet is a non - smoking site
• On-site canteen
• On-site car parking
• Various shift patterns available
• Weekly pay
• Fully paid holiday
• 24hour support from your COG UK team
• Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
• This is a temporary position, however should a candidate demonstrate the right attributes, permanent opportunities may be available
• Temperature controlled environment (the temperature in Chill chamber is +1°C).
• Distribution Centre is a non-smoking site therefore there’s no possibility to smoke during your break.
• As the site is located in Sherburn in Elmet you would need to be able to get there yourself, so please bear this in mind when applying. Own transport or method of transportation is ideal.
• The majority of roles available within the warehouse will require you to have a fairly good level of fitness, there can be lot of walking involved, so if you are keen to maintain your fitness in an active role, improve your fitness or just enjoy walking, then this could be the role for you.